Many of you have said you’re really liking the album. That’s great! So will you help me tell more people about it? If you’ll share the love with me, I’ll share the love with you.
I want something like Kickstarter, but instead of money I just want your help getting the word out. At first I thought that since you’re liking the music, I should offer up a musical reward, but who cares about that — you’re already getting music. (“There are in fact only so many notes the ear can hear in the course of an evening. I think I’m right in saying that, aren’t I Court Composer?”)
So, here’s the deal: you tell people who might like the album about why you like it, and I’ll make a drawing for you.
- write down why you like the album (or a particular song)
- Think of which of your friends might also like it. (This is key. Sending it to your Aunt Betty who only listens to Hawaiian folk music doesn’t help anyone. On the other hand, if Aunt Betty gave you your first XTC album ….)
- Send those friends a personal note (preferably not a mass email or open facebook post, though you can also do that for fun) about why you like the album, and invite them to come download it.
- Send me an email letting me know how many friends you sent it to — and if you want to get a bunch of endorphins rushing through my system before I make that drawing you can also show me what you sent them, but this isn’t necessary.
In return, I’ll hand-draw something just for you and send you the drawing.
- Send it to 20 people, and I’ll draw something for you.
- Send it to 50 people, and I’ll draw something related to the occupation of your choice.
- Send it to 75 people, and I’ll draw something it in color.
- Send it to 150 people (do you possibly know 150 people who you think would like this album?), and I’ll paint something for you.
I’m excited to try this out. I hope you are to. You have your mission. Let me know when the quest is complete!
- and thanks.
Note that the images on this page are all various bits of drawing I’ve done….